
Life is short, so make the most of it!
I hate to burst your bubble (just kidding, it gets me off), but there is no life after death. There is no reincarnation of the soul. Live this life, here and now, to the fullest extent. Given one brief chance to do all that you can, will you really shrink away from the sun and deny its illuminating rays? Or will you go forth boldly, and transcend through fulfillment of the body? Grow strong, conquer much, and laugh heartily!
I am calling for a return to flesh!
I have an aunt who helped my mother to rear me, and so I became very close to her. Sadly, she is a devout Catholic. As I grew older (surviving seven years of Catholic education) I came to understand just what kind of reprecussions that has had on her life. My poor, misled aunt has allowed a considerable amount of shit into her life. Rather than taking the positive action to change her situation, she instead sits back and prays for God's help, all the while having her Christ-like kindness taken advantage of. The worst part of all is that she is content because a dead, impaled (not to forget fictitious) Nazarene promised her an afterlife if she was a meek and humble little lamb.
There is no afterlife.
Conciousness is the result of various biological processes and once the clock stops ticking, the curtains close and the show is over. There is no sound reason to think otherwise.
Some spiritual-types find this brand of thinking to be drab and disheartening, lessening the beauty of "God's creation." My feelings are quite to the contrary. How exciting is the same amusement park ride after you've ridden it again and again? Or one that merely never ends? Because I have one ride on this ship as it hurtles through this particular pocket of space, I appreciate it so much more.
Now, I am in no way interested in changing the minds of the spiritualists. In a Niesztchean way, I believe there are different moralities for different people. This goes hand-in-hand with the concept that people are not equal. They are free to believe what they wish, but if their nonsensical dogmas bleed into my very real world, I will stand against them.
For those of you who are with me, who seek truth be it beautiful or ugly, we arrive to my next point.
Just what are you going to do during your brief trek through spacetime? With no promise of afterlife, rebirth, nirvana, et certera, your actions here on Earth become vastly more significant. A very wise man once admonished us to "never lose sight of the big picture...we are making hisory right now."
So, we return to Flesh, return to Earth, back to an understanding of who we are, void of wishful thinking and Judeo-christian morality. God, the giver of values, is dead. With a clear mind, decide your own values. I will compromise what makes me happy with doing what is best for my folk.
Others may see the brevity and become filled with a dangerous nihilism and a hatred of life. Be they not surprised when I lend a helping hand guiding them into the lions' pit.
R.
I hate to burst your bubble (just kidding, it gets me off), but there is no life after death. There is no reincarnation of the soul. Live this life, here and now, to the fullest extent. Given one brief chance to do all that you can, will you really shrink away from the sun and deny its illuminating rays? Or will you go forth boldly, and transcend through fulfillment of the body? Grow strong, conquer much, and laugh heartily!
I am calling for a return to flesh!
I have an aunt who helped my mother to rear me, and so I became very close to her. Sadly, she is a devout Catholic. As I grew older (surviving seven years of Catholic education) I came to understand just what kind of reprecussions that has had on her life. My poor, misled aunt has allowed a considerable amount of shit into her life. Rather than taking the positive action to change her situation, she instead sits back and prays for God's help, all the while having her Christ-like kindness taken advantage of. The worst part of all is that she is content because a dead, impaled (not to forget fictitious) Nazarene promised her an afterlife if she was a meek and humble little lamb.
There is no afterlife.
Conciousness is the result of various biological processes and once the clock stops ticking, the curtains close and the show is over. There is no sound reason to think otherwise.
Some spiritual-types find this brand of thinking to be drab and disheartening, lessening the beauty of "God's creation." My feelings are quite to the contrary. How exciting is the same amusement park ride after you've ridden it again and again? Or one that merely never ends? Because I have one ride on this ship as it hurtles through this particular pocket of space, I appreciate it so much more.
Now, I am in no way interested in changing the minds of the spiritualists. In a Niesztchean way, I believe there are different moralities for different people. This goes hand-in-hand with the concept that people are not equal. They are free to believe what they wish, but if their nonsensical dogmas bleed into my very real world, I will stand against them.
For those of you who are with me, who seek truth be it beautiful or ugly, we arrive to my next point.
Just what are you going to do during your brief trek through spacetime? With no promise of afterlife, rebirth, nirvana, et certera, your actions here on Earth become vastly more significant. A very wise man once admonished us to "never lose sight of the big picture...we are making hisory right now."
So, we return to Flesh, return to Earth, back to an understanding of who we are, void of wishful thinking and Judeo-christian morality. God, the giver of values, is dead. With a clear mind, decide your own values. I will compromise what makes me happy with doing what is best for my folk.
Others may see the brevity and become filled with a dangerous nihilism and a hatred of life. Be they not surprised when I lend a helping hand guiding them into the lions' pit.
R.
No comments:
Post a Comment